|Developers||Dubai Properties Group, TECOM Group|
|Consultants||Arenco Architectural & Engineering Consultants|
|Usage||Hotel, Hotel Apartments, Residential|
- When completed in 2010 JBR was the largest ever single-phased residential scheme.
- The towers are grouped in six clusters, Shams, Amwaj, Rimal, Bahar, Sadaf and Murjan.
- Together the towers house 6,917 apartments ranging from 900 sq ft (84 m2) studios to 5,500 sq ft (510 m2) penthouses.
- As well as apartments the complex incorporates four hotels, shops restaurants and some commercial space.
- The construction was extremely fast tracked, and achieved completion on schedule 40 months after works began.
- More than 22,000 people from a number of different countries worked on the construction at its peak.
- Extensive infrastructure works included a landmark bridge and a district cooling system.
- The cooling system uses a network of underground pipes to deliver cool air and water to all the development’s buildings from a single, central source.
- Dubai Properties was the developer and the project manager was Mace.
- Shams is a complex of four buildings within the JBR mixed-use development that comprises 35 towers, each up to 46 storeys high, and covering an area of two million square metres along 1.7km of shoreline.
Shams Location Map
Shams Local Attractions
About the Surrounding Area - Jumeirah Beach Residence
Situated between Dubai Marina and the sea JBR is claimed to be the biggest residential quarter in the world, with 35 towers able to house 15,000 people. As well as apartments the complex incorporates four hotels, shops restaurants and some commercial space.
The complex covers an area of two million square metres and runs the entire 1.7km length of The Walk, Dubai’s most popular beachside boulevard with its restaurants, cafes and smart shops. At podium level the apartments have their own walkways, gardens, shared pools, shops and convenience stores.
For more information about the area please see our complete guide to Jumeirah Beach Residence.
For an overview of the best Jumeirah Beach Residence real estate along with in-depth market price statistics please see our Jumeirah Beach Residence property guide.
Companies Associated with Shams
Dubai Properties Group (Developer)
Dubai Properties - Abdullah Bin Lahej, Chief Executive Officer.
Dubai Properties is among the top ten property developers in Dubai.
Other projects in Dubai that Dubai Properties Group are associated with include Executive Towers, Central Park Towers, Vision Tower, Bahar, Murjan, Sadaf, Rimal, Amwaj, Fairview Residency, Oakwood Residency, Bellevue Towers, One JBR, Amwaj Rotana Hotel, Jameel Arts Centre and Anantara Dubai Creek Hotel.
TECOM Group (Developer)
TECOM is an acronym for Technology, Electronic Commerce and Media.
Other projects in Dubai that TECOM Group are associated with include Bahar, Murjan, Sadaf, Rimal, Amwaj, Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, TECOM Office Building Plot A009004, Oracle Headquarters, Mastercard Building, @4, Microsoft Headquarters, Samsung Building, Huawei Building, Canon Headquarters and Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort.
Arenco Architectural & Engineering Consultants (Architects & Engineers)
Other projects in Dubai that Arenco Architectural & Engineering Consultants are associated with include Arenco Tower, Al Moosa Tower 1, Bahar, Murjan, Sadaf, Rimal, Amwaj, Falcon Tower, Ary Marina Views, Riah Towers, Al Wasl Tower, Horizon Tower, Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort, Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa and Sahara Tower.
Holford Associates (Architects)
Other projects in Dubai that Holford Associates are associated with include Liberty House, Bahar, Murjan, Sadaf, Rimal, D1 Tower, Amwaj, La Riviera Tower, La Riviera Estates, Mall of the Emirates Complex, Al Saqr Business Tower, Amwaj Rotana Hotel, Rhodi Residence, Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort.
Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo (Architects)
Other projects in Dubai that Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo are associated with include Bahar, Murjan, Sadaf, Rimal, Amwaj, Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, Amwaj Rotana Hotel, The Views Tower and Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort.