Mall of the Emirates Statistics
About Mall of the Emirates
- Mall of the Emirates consists of a three storey luxury shopping mall, a roof-top indoor ski slope, the Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates and the Kempinsky Hotel Mall of the Emirates.
- Mall of the Emirates is owned by Majid Al Futtaim who own about one million square metres of retail space across the Middle East, of which over 60 per cent is located in the United Arab Emirates.
- In September 2015 a new AED 1 billion expansion of Mall of the Emirates opened to the public adding 36,000 square metres to the existing structure in the form of a third floor. There are now an extra 40 new retail units including 20 fashion outlets and 12 restaurants.
- The expansion project took place without disrupting the trading operations of any of the existing stores. A 3,000 strong team worked for 18 months on the project which includes two new domes, nine new bridges and three new escalators.
- The new retailers will incude AllSaints, Lululemon Athletica, Abercrombie & Fitch, Seafolly, Omnia Baharat, Juicy Couture and Jane Norman. New restaurants include Dean & Deluca, 800 Degrees, Eat Greek Kouzina, and Din Tai Fung.
- The expansion includes 1,300 new shaded parking spaces bringing the total available parking spaces to 7,900. There is even a new luxurious valet parking experience which offers complimentary coffee while you wait!
- The Vox Cinema complex at Mall of the Emirates now has 24 screens making it the largest in the Middle East. It includes the only Imax Laser screen in the region, the largest Vox 4DX auditorium and two Vox Kids cinemas with an adjoining party room for birthday parties.
- The Vox Cinema complex now has the world’s first luxury cinema experience called Theatre by Rhodes which combines fine food and film in collaboration with Michelin Star Chef, Gary Rhodes.
- Mall of the Emirates is connected directly to the Dubai Metro via an air conditioned bridge.
Mall of the Emirates Location Map
Mall of the Emirates Local Attractions
Companies Associated with Mall of the Emirates
F+A Architects (Architects)
Holford Associates (Architects)
Other projects in Dubai that Holford Associates are associated with include Liberty House, Murjan, Bahar, Amwaj, Sadaf, Shams, D1 Tower, Rimal, La Riviera Tower, The Cove, Emerald Palace Kempinski Hotel, La Riviera Estates, Amwaj Rotana Hotel, Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort and Al Saqr Business Tower.